[Sca-cooks] Documentation, was Bullpucky

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 14 13:35:12 PDT 2012

A year or two ago I was judging entries including tongue and brains.
If anything
I might have (subconsciously) given the candidates extra marks for
being willing
to cook outside of the normal narrow North American box.

Regarding scholarly:  I remember a research paper from much longer ago that had
me up until 3 am reading it.  It was in costuming, which is not my area, but it
was so elegantly and convincingly written, despite being scholarly, that I was
blown away.  I could not judge of the right or wrong of the
conclusions, but the
quality of the research and writing was still very obvious.

To the original poster:  Keep it up, one day you will get judges who treat your
entries with respect.

Thorvald