[Sca-cooks] medieval/renaissance architectural construction crews & related food references

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:00:32 PDT 2012

Thorvald wrote:

> I apologize if this has already been mentioned, I have missed a few of the
> earlier replies.
>
> Have a look at Gimpel, Jean.  The Cathedral Builders.  London: Pimlico,
> 1980.

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, so thank you for the reference.

> Someone has already mentioned Gies, Joseph and Frances.  Life in a
> Medieval City / Medieval Village / Medieval Castle.  The Village
> one is the only one of the three with 'diet' actually in the index,
> though City does talk about what a well-off burgher (which a master
> mason would be) might eat.

Thank you for the info. I'm still looking for my copies of these books. I
know I have them somewhere. It's just a matter of where. :)

And once again thanks to everyone. I hope to have more information about
this project in the coming year to share with people.

Iasmin