[Sca-cooks] Tenth Century Mead Recipes

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Aug 29 21:52:02 PDT 2012

Actually, Stefan, Adamantius' friend Ateno, and Adamantius brewed a
very lovely dry mead that I had the opportunity to taste (far too long
ago). Somehow, there is a misapprehension that mead, being made from
honey, should be sweet. As Bear has said, it depends on how thoroughly
it is fermented. Most brewers of sweet meads add sweetening after the
fermetation cycle is finished.