[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:45:27 PDT 2012

On 8/3/2012 12:20 AM, Dama Antonia wrote:

> I'm always confused by the negative reactions people outside NZ seem
> to have to the suggestion of eel (usually considered a treat here) and
> game in general.

I have had eel, and really do not like the flavor or texture [japanese
smoked eel in a sushi place] but I adore duck, goose, pheasant, quail,
venison - some of my best hunting trips were to Nilo Farms [a game
preserve run by Olin Chemicals] for the game birds. We tend to try and
do duck and goose every couple months.