[Sca-cooks] Unmitigated bullpucky

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:16:42 PDT 2012

I was just chatting with a buddy who is currently attempting to jump
through some hoops over at the EK brewers guild.

He has been informed that to document a project of his, he has to
provide *notarized* copies of *primary* sources.
  In other words, he needs to find a copy of a document that is prior to
1600, and get it into the presence of a notary public while it is copied
for him so the notary can document it is an exact copy of said
documentation.

At least that is what he is claiming.

Last I knew, I do not know of *any* museum or library that will release
an exhibit so it can be hauled off to be copied in front of a notary
public .... and I can say that of the several notaries I know
personally, I can not name one that would randomly take a day off of
work to go to a museum or library that is not local to them so they can
watch someone make a copy of some exhibit ... let alone head overseas to
a foreign library or museum.

Christ on a crutch, this is a freaking hobby - what ever happened to
allowing a book with a reprint of the information like we did in the
past .... That jackass he is dealing with should be very glad I am not
the person involved or there would be a serious fecalmatter storm
hitting the rotational cooling device. I can bloody well guarantee that
that jackass didn't document that *thoroughly*.