[Sca-cooks] Unmitigated bullpucky

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Tue Aug 14 05:55:50 PDT 2012

As some of you know, I am an academic librarian. In one of my earlier positions, law firms made fairly heavy use of the library where I worked. Once or twice, I was asked to provide a certified copy, which involved signing a statement saying that a particular photocopy was a true copy of the original document. It seems that there was something in the law of the state where I worked that allowed librarians to certify such things.

That said, I have never heard of any such certification being required for even the must rigorous academic research. To do so strikes me as very peculiar.

-- Galefridus