[Sca-cooks] medieval/renaissance architectural construction crews & related food references

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:35:42 PDT 2012

Don't know if Leonardo wrote about food there is some Leonardo da
Vinci's cookbooks but I doubt there are authentic. But he made things
for the duke of Milano and he was a vegetarian.
I come across this cute little article about his failures in the kitchen :)

http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/leonardos-kitchen

Ana

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Terry Decker <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

>> Bear wrote:
>>
>> Any guild might have a guild banquet, but it would have been for masters
>>>
>>> and high value journeymen of the guild and likely would serve as a forum
>>> for internal guild politics.
>>>

>> This intrigues me. Do you happen to know if we have record of what was
>> served at any of these banquets?
>>

> I haven't encountered any of the guild banquet menus that I can remember and
> few references to them.  I suspect the recipes would be similar to what is
> found in Menagier.
>

>>> Consider also, that an engineer, such as Leonardo Da Vinci, would likely
>>> be a member of the household of his patron during a project, while a
>>> master
>>> craftsman and his assistants would likely be hired for the project, but
>>> not
>>> be part of the household.
>>>

>> Hmm. This too interests me. I'd be interested in looking into the patron
>> house of Da Vinci in general. I wonder if there are food references here
>> too? :)
>>
>> Iasmin
>

> Da Vinci was a Florentine (a republic under Medici control) and had a
> workshop in that city (at least when he was there) that appears to have been
> seperate from any patronage.  His earliest patron was Ludovico il Moro of
> Milan and he served a number of patrons in Rome, Bologna and Venice, among
> them Cesare Borgia and Pope Leo X, before taking his final post in the court
> of Francis I of France.  I don't recall any food references in what I've
> read of his works.
>
> Bear

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci