[Sca-cooks] Watermelon gazpacho

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 22:13:44 PDT 2012

Phlip said:
<<< So, I ate at one of the restaurants at Pennsic, ordered Gazpacho, and
got this. I discussed the possibility of this actually being a period
type of dish wirth Cariadoc and Elizabeth, and with Brighid, since
both Gazpacho and watermelons are period, but we came to  no firm
conclusions. Anybody want to look at the evidence for this being a
possibly period variant? It certainly tasted good ;-) >>>

Here is some of our previous discussion on Gazpacho.
gazpacho-msg (12K) 2/21/08 A soup or sauce of vinegar, garlic and bread
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/gazpacho-msg.html

And on watermelons:
Watermelons-art (6K) 8/12/07 "Regarding Watermelons" by THL Johnnae llyn
Lewis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/Watermelons-art.html

Stefan
--------