[Sca-cooks] to eat or not to eat

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:19:40 PDT 2012

As a comment to our conversation/discussion about if it was acceptable
or not to eat cats, I can tell you I met yesterday a cousin to me, a
teacher in the primary school. She told me some years ago she was a
teacher in a very poor neiboorhood in Montevideo, where I live now,
back after 34 years of living in Sweden. The kids got only a regular
meal five days a week, when they were at school. At home they had
often not food at all.
She told me under Christmas break, when the school was closed between
Christmas, the 24th and the 7th January, when the holidays were over,
all the cats dissapeared. The kids ate cat meat until they got regular
meals at the school.
I was really shocked.
Ana

--
http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci