[Sca-cooks] To say or not to say?

Cheri or Anne celticcheri at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 12:16:00 PDT 2012

I have a query.  Let me set it up for you a bit.

I am new to this group, but not the SCA, been in about 13 years now.
I have autocrated and made feasts.

The event was held at a state park with a building (screened in) with a kitchen in the rear where anywhere from 4 to 8 people were in cooking thruout the day. NO air conditioning, but several ceiling fans and one of those really big round ones (shop fan)  At one point I went into the building and looked into the kitchen and saw 2 men and 1 boy without their shirts on.  Sweating profusely. Over the preparation of food.  Food people were going to be eating.  With hairy chests and arm pits. (all the women in the kitchen remained fully clothes at all times)

Now....being new to the group, the LAST thing I want to do is step on toes or make anyone mad at me, I have to play with this group!  BUT.  Please.  (no, I did not eat feast)

I am sure the autocrat is not aware of this.  Should I take him aside at the next meeting and just tell him it happened? Or should I just let it go and never eat feast in my group?

"Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be those you know hereafter."