[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Aug 2 10:02:06 PDT 2012

Fringe is fringe, but if she is doing this for an A&S activity than she ought to be discouraged, don't you think?
Just because in times of famine and war, people resorted to eating grass, weeds, wood chips, dirt, leather, and the odd pets and zoo animals, doesn't mean that these ought to be on our list of dishes to replicate. Can you imagine the press should word get out that cat was being cooked and served?

Perhaps along the lines of
the 2012 headline below with a dose of PETA thrown in--
"Man Charged For Allegedly Cooking And Eating Cats: Jason Louis Wilmert Arrested In California"
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In a case that has shocked even investigators, a California man is in jail for allegedly cooking and eating cats. Jason Louis Wilmert is being held in the Kern County Jail on charges alleging animal cruelty and using a pet or domesticated animal for food. Both charges are misdemeanors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/man-eats-cats_n_1281496.html

Or this Slate article that asks "Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. Is it legal to eat your cat?"

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/08/here_kitty_kitty_kitty.html

There is a cat eating festival in Peru. Maybe she should have investigate the practice firsthand in Peru.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/1782932/Fury-over-cat-eating-festival.html

Johnnae