[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 2 18:17:34 PDT 2012

On 8/2/12 9:32 AM, Deborah Hammons wrote:
> On our kingdom e list, a mostly fringe type person asked about the cat
> recipe in de Nola.  It seems after a private conversation she actually
> wants to cook a cat.  And use "period" garlic.  And do a paper on de Nola.
>
> She asked me if I knew a source for food grade cat.  She had already
> contacted the Colorado dept of Agriculture for a source.  They laughed.
>
> Any thoughts?  I suggested she try rabbit..
>
> Aldyth

I'm cringing too.  Possibly a check of state and local ordinances can
throw up enough roadblocks to make her rethink this notion. It's in SCA
law that Temporal Laws supercede all SCA law, after all.  If it "tastes
like chicken" maybe that's what she ought to use.

What does she mean by "period garlic"?

Cheers,
Selene