[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Tre trekatz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 22:05:38 PDT 2012

I was served whale at an event in Klakaverki (Iceland). It tasted a bit odd, but I'm glad I got the chance to try it.

Apparently, the year before, they had served horse and a few people (visitors) were appalled. It was gently explained to the cook after that that if she was serving meats that were outside the norm, it would go over much better if they were brought out separately, clearly explained as to what they were, and people were given the option. When she served the whale, it was brought out on it's own platter and walked around the table being offered to everyone, making sure that people knew what they were eating.