[Sca-cooks] SCA Publication was Unmitigated bullpucky

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 12:38:46 PDT 2012

ROFLMAO! I will whole heartly support you!
May I share this with my English lit class?

As I am preparing my lesson plans for my classes this semester I can't help but reflect on how this topic has evolved from, "Don't copy word-for-word from the book because its called plagiarism" to now having to have students submit their research papers electronically so that we can run through a program to determine what has been plagiarized off the web. I now spend a week in the fall teaching both my English and History students the proper way to conduct research.
Plagiarism and "grey area sources" isn't new and isn't limited to the SCA. I do wish however their was, and I know I said it before but I will say it again, a Kingdoms Wide consensus on what the judges and Laurels require for research. It would make many of us breath easier when presenting a topic we are passionate about.
Especially, when presenting new information that may contradict previously dearly held on beliefs.
Bless Bless
Aelina Vester-lundr aka the Gimpy Saami

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T