[Sca-cooks] Ash Tree Keys

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Sun Aug 26 19:59:48 PDT 2012

Definitely slightly bitter, but I observed no almond notes. A fairly mild flavor, otherwise. And yes, that was probably me in the Pennsic U tent. I really wanted to sit in on one of your classes, but was horrifically busy -- I was running a department this year. Hopefully next year...

When I picked the ash keys for my atraf al-tib, they were still green and a bit soft. I spread them on a cookie sheet and let them dry, then buzzed them through the small coffee mill that I use to grind up spices.

-- Galefridus