[Sca-cooks] Tenth Century Mead Recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 18:50:06 PDT 2012

Maredudd said:
<<< Heck! I can't redact anything but I'd like a shot at trying to make any of the beer or mead recipes! >>>

I, too, will be interested in seeing these beer and mead recipes.

Maredudd, just in case you might have missed this, here are some of the files in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium which include some of our discussions on these items and some period recipes and redactions.

13thC-Mead-art (10K) 12/ 3/08 "Mead, using a 13th/14th century English
manuscript" by Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/13thC-Mead-art.html

ale-msg (74K) 3/30/10 Medieval ale.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/ale-msg.html

beer-msg (119K) 3/30/10 Making beer, period beer and ale. Hops.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beer-msg.html

Hist-of-Mead-art (74K) 3/31/08 "A Brief History of Mead" by Sorcha Prechan.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Hist-of-Mead-art.html

mead-msg (170K) 7/ 5/04 Making mead. Honey based alcoholic beverage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/mead-msg.html

Okay, not period but very popular:
Chocolat-Mead-art (8K) 11/ 6/11 "Chocolate Mead aka Liquid Sex Mead" by Lord
Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Chocolat-Mead-art.html

Stefan
--------