[Sca-cooks] Tenth Century Mead Recipes

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:08:50 PDT 2012

On 8/29/2012 10:22 PM, Craig Daniel wrote:
> I'm not convinced the concern about drinking water was justified, or
> they would have found ways to actually substantially mitigate the risk
> of illness. (And you'll find a lot of mention of favoring rainwater
> for brewing and so presumably also for watering wine with; that's
> generally more sterile than getting your water from a river or something.)
May I point out that gathered rainwater tends to be in the form of rain
barrels, that get the rain collected from the roof of buildings, that
act as giant catch-alls for falling debris including bird crap. Blargh.

--
__
musings of an insomniac - Cracked Pots and Psycho Investigators at http://aruvqan.wordpress.com/