[Sca-cooks] 14th c. Cawl recipe?

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue Dec 11 13:22:59 PST 2012

I am unfamiliar with the word, but admit that my research is Irish and super early.

I will check with some info I have at home on foods eaten later than my time of interest (1100 to 1600's) to see if there is anything there.

Muchof the "Celtic" (which by the way is a frame of mind, not a country) I have seen presented hereabouts is based  more on the food in the Manor houses of the 1800s and 1900s.  Or on Tom Jones... ;)

Cailte

Kathleen Roberts

Admissions Advisor

University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through pemporary peroids of joy."  W.B. Yeats

"The hand that rocks the ladle rules the world."  Nadia G.