[Sca-cooks] Holiday dining and Santa Stuff

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sun Dec 30 16:53:44 PST 2012

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:45:13 -0500
From: Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Holiday dining and Santa Stuff

The List has been rather quiet. Maybe like me, most of you have been
traveling.

I am reminded that We used to celebrate and share what we were served and
ate over the holidays.
Johnnae

We had some kind of garlic roast beef (my mother-in-law cooked it and I
didn't ask what was in it), with roast sweet and ordinary potatoes,
cauliflower gratin, buttered carrots and asparagus. For dessert - summer
pudding and a frozen honey and praline cheesecake (it is summer here).

We don't tend to have big New Year's dinners but we will have wine and
cheese on New Year's Eve. We have some very nice Wensleydale at the moment.
I love Wensleydale...

I did get a cookery book, but I don't know which one because it has not
arrived yet - the mail delivery has been shocking this Christmas. Also a set
of matryoshkas that are also measuring cups.

Angharad