[Sca-cooks] Al-Andalus griddle tool?

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 1 00:43:00 PST 2012

>I was in Gaza some years ago and was invited with homemade knafe and has
>loved it since then. I travelled later to Nablus, where the knafe was
>originated, recording the Palestinian's own tales. It was wonderful,
>glorious swwet and siropy, in every corner it was a baker making it in big
>pans.

Big pans like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiX-C8CyKek

>Tried to do at home but never succeeded. The secret, say my Palestinian
>friends, is the cheese. The local neutral flavored Palestinian fresh cheese.
>The muzzarella don't have the flavour, it's only a poor substitute.

Some recipes suggest ricotta, but I wonder if homemade fresh cheese would work.
I made some lemon cheese for an event last Saturday, and have another
gallon of milk to make more, I bet it would be good in pastry..
although perhaps not the "same"

A video of making pastry shreds, you can see that its soft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV19r48LtwA

Ranvaig