[Sca-cooks] Old World beans (was: soooooo...)

galefridus at optimum.net galefridus at optimum.net
Fri Feb 3 12:07:27 PST 2012

Many you already know about, you just don't know that you know. Here are a few from memory:

Fava beans
Chickpeas
Mung beans
Cowpeas (or black-eyed peas)
Grass peas
Lentils
Peas

One of these days I'll get my wife to join this forum and hold forth on the list of beans that she found in the rabbinical literature, which she says is pretty lengthy and thoroughly lays to rest the SCA myth of " only favas and chickpeas are period!"

-- Galefridus