[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:52:37 PST 2012

Some years ago, I did a German feast for a coronation.  One of the
recipes was for a kind of cookie.  It was essentially pie dough cut
into shapes and sprinkled with sugar, then baked.  I remember the
recipe specifying that the cakes could be cut like eagles or hearts or
whatever one pleased.  I don't think the "how" of cutting the shapes
was mentioned in the recipe; I used modern cookie cutters, for
convenience.

No clue as to the source, except that it was pre-1600, German, and had
been translated into English.

Brighid ni Chiarain