[Sca-cooks] Saint George and the Dragon

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:56:09 PST 2012

What I am looking for are foods I can sculpt easily that were done in period. Clay-like foods. Almond paste/marzipan seems to be the best and that piece looked very cool. Any suggestions to something period would be appreciated. Thank you.

--Mercy

"You are looking for specific references to a St. George/Dragon used as a
table decoration pre-1600, right?  I'm not sure if you will find a
reference to that specific item, but there are certainly references to
other non-food items used on dining tables which might be used as
documentation for other items such as castles, trees holding edible
fruits, fire-breathing animals...

Are you looking to document items made of something other than food?
Or, just items made of food?

Alys K."

--Mercy

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse any typos or odd autocorrection errors