[Sca-cooks] alcohol was was: do someone know about the Greek mastic? now: SCA alcohol rules

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 03:49:28 PST 2012

What we have quoted in the past is:

The  Chancellor of the Exchequer Officer’s Handbook
2003 Edition states that: "Purchases of alcoholic beverages for
serving are prohibited. Alcohol in small quantities for cooking is
acceptable, as long as the site permits it. (Appendix
A, Corporate Policies Affecting Finances, II)
This section on page 131 this goes into
II. POLICY ON ALCOHOL
(CORPORATE POLICIES OF THE
SCA, INC., VIII) where it says:
The use of any SCA funds for the purchase of
potable alcohol, except for such quantities as may be
necessary for cooking, is prohibited in the United
States and its territories.
Officers are not prohibited from serving alcohol;
however, it must be done as individuals, and not as
part of their official duties as officers.
Officers are not prohibited from giving gifts of
alcohol; however, it must be done as individuals, and
not as part of their official duties as officers. Giving
or receiving gifts of alcohol in court is not considered
to be part of an officer's official duties