[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 17 12:15:03 PST 2012

Euriol of Lothian <euriol at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a lady in my shire who is interested in learning of any evidence
> in the use of cookie cutters within our time period. This is not an area
> I've researched. If anyone can point me to some sources, I could share
> with her, it would be most appreciated.

While not a European cookie, proto-mamul - not called by that name - was made using decorative molds in period. I am away from my library at the moment, but will post later after i get home with the actual name and a recipe. I do remember that they were usually filled with chopped almonds mixed with sugar.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita