[Sca-cooks] Lent is coming!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Feb 18 08:59:58 PST 2012

On 2/18/2012 8:36 AM, Betsy Marshall wrote:
> Will you be stickeing to locally available foods, also? I.e., No imports of
> fruit from Chile, etc, only what might have been available in your personas'
> locale? That would be really (!) serious re-creation...

I'm going to try to stick to local stuff, but we will see what I can do.
I can't really afford the stuff at the local upscale natural foods
places, or the co-op, for that matter. But I plan to try...

And Ranvig wrote:

>  I'd be very happy to hear details of what you plan to eat.  I think I
> will try too.  Since it's the end of the month, I don't have a lot of
> money for shopping.

Mostly grains and produce. Nuts, dried fruit. And rice milk or nut milk.
Trying not to use soy products.

Giano has a fabulous article on Carolingian food, and I have some links...

There's this:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitulare_de_villis_vel_curtis_imperii

and this:

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/800Asnapium.asp

and this FABULOUS source:

http://www.le.ac.uk/hi/polyptyques/capitulare/latin2english.html

We can't send attachments to this list, so drop me a line offlist and
I'll send you the article... probably tomorrow or Monday. I'm kind of
swamped today.

Liutgard