[Sca-cooks] Maniade

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 24 10:08:51 PST 2012

I'm looking for information on a recipe in
Rumpolt called Gesipff or Maniade.  A cold
Italian sauce of unripe walnuts and almonds,
bread crumbs, garlic, and broth.  It's given
twice, once for beef roast, once for capon.  I'm
not that familiar with the Italian corpus, does
anyone recognize this?

Ochsen 53.  ...Vnnd man nennet es das weisse
gesipff/ auff Welsch Maniade/ is ein gut herlich
Essen/
And one calls it white gesipff / in Italian called maniade/

Kappaun 22.  ...Die Speiß nennt man auff Welsch Maniade.
In Italian one calls this dish maniade.

Ranvaig