[Sca-cooks] looking for savory wafer redactions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 12:37:53 PST 2012

What? You mean Delia the Crone's "recipe" for medieval wafers
won't work? She asserts
This would be lovely as a savory wafer as well, omitting ths sugar,
cinnamon and rosewater, and adding herbs of your choice.
http://www.grouprecipes.com/47995/medieval-wafers.html

Yeah, that stolen recipe is still there and still not credited.

Johnnae

On Feb 26, 2012, at 12:50 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a redaction for a period savory wafer, that
> I can bake in my pizzelle iron, that they are happy with?
--------------------

Grrrrr. I didn't find that particular "quote" but I did see a very
similar one on a different site. And yes, I noted the extreme
similarity to what was posted on this list, and in the Florilegium,
both of which pre-dates these sites. :-(

And it was that comment that I was referring to when mentioning
several people had talked about ways that a savory wafer *might* work.
There was also a series of messages from someone else with an
improving series of redactions, but in the last, she was still
admitting that her husband (her tester) wasn't that happy with the
result.

However, none of this answers my original quest for a good redaction
for a savory period wafer. A lot of suppositions so far, but nothing I
can really go with.

I think I'll go with one of the meatball recipes, until I can do some
testing here at home, rather than submit our dance guild to what could
be a disaster.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com