[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 17 13:31:37 PST 2012

Euriol asked:
<<< I have a lady in my shire who is interested in learning of any
evidence in the use of cookie cutters within our time period. This is
not an area I've researched.? If anyone can point me to some sources,
I could share with her, it would be most appreciated.>>>

How inclusive does she define "cookie cutter"?

What about molds for cookies? There are a number of period recipes for
molded cookies. But I don't think they were meant to completely cut
out the cookie from a sheet of dough.

mamouls-msg       (20K)  1/ 9/02  A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried
fruit filled
                                      cookie embossed with patterns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/mamouls-msg.html

Stefan