[Sca-cooks] Cookie Cutters

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:46:42 PST 2012

I found the recipe I was referring to.  It's from Gwen Cat's
translation of Rumpolt, in the chapter on Turten (tarts)

"46. Take a dough/ of a type you make Turten from/ roll it out nice
and thin/ and cut an eagle or a heart out/ brush it with rosewater/
and sprinkle it with crushed white sugar/ push into the oven/ and bake
it/ and stay with it/ till it is baked/ because it burns quickly/ give
it cold to the table/ ze???"

http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_turten1.htm

It doesn't say anything about how the shapes are cut.  I used modern
cookie cutters.  It also doesn't specify size.  For all I know, these
are platter-sized "cookies" meant to serve a whole table.

Brighid ni Chiarain