[Sca-cooks] Saint George and the Dragon

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 12:09:44 PST 2012

>What I am looking for are foods I can sculpt easily that were done
>in period. Clay-like foods. Almond paste/marzipan seems to be the
>best and that piece looked very cool. Any suggestions to something
>period would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you seen the SCA Subleties mailing list?  You'll find a lot of
information there.

Rumpolt's Ein New Kochbuch  in the menus has several long lists of
things that can be made as subtleties from marzipan, sugar (probably
sugar paste), almonds and cinnamon (perhaps cinnamon flavored
marzipan), thickened apple juice, almond cheese (and recipes to make
the almond cheese), or from pastry.

I'm currently working on translating it, you can find the current
translation in the file section, but will need to join the group
first.

Here is a small sample from the menus
Calf's head made from sugar.
Capon made from sugar.