[Sca-cooks] Italian cake ?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 04:40:48 PST 2012

Mentioned here in this blog and being created from a recipe credited
to Jarrin from 1820.
Blog does mention the phrase "spongata was sent to the Duke Francesco
Sforza of Milano in

> 1454."

http://foodhistorjottings.blogspot.com/2012/01/spongata-italian-minced-pie-in-georgian.html

There's a recipe in Carol Field's Celebrating Italy: the tastes and
traditions of Italy as revealed through ...
   on page 270. That recipe calls for white wine. However, it's not
mentioned in Riley's Oxford Companion to Italian Food.

What's the book? Does it reference a source? Footnotes? Bibliography?

Johnnae