[Sca-cooks] Maniade

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Feb 24 11:54:49 PST 2012

This appears to be similar to Aleata, a walnut-garlic sauce, from the
Tractus de modo preparandi et condiendi omnia cibaria.  It uses crushed
garlic and bread crumbs softened with almond or walnut milk.  There are also
similarities to a couple of white sauces.  The unripe walnuts and almonds
doesn't fit it to anything with which I am familiar.

Bear