[Sca-cooks] looking for savory wafer redactions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 25 21:50:18 PST 2012

We have discussed period wafer recipes here several times. While
multiple, successful sweet wafer recipes and redactions have been
posted, the few savory ones have had only so-so reviews, mostly
complaining about them not browning or not getting crisp.

Has anyone come up with a redaction for a period savory wafer, that I
can bake in my pizzelle iron, that they are happy with?

There has been a suggestion to use a softer flour such as pastry
flour, rather than all-purpose flow, but I don't see any commentary on
whether that worked or not. I'd like to bake savory wafers as a finger-
food for a dance revel tomorrow (Sunday) night, but I may have to play
it safe and just do my usual sweet wafers.

I have saved most of what has been discussed here in this Florilegium
file:
wafers-msg       (148K)  9/ 4/11  Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

I am on the digest, so it would be nice if you can cc my email address
of stefanlirous#austin.rr.com if you reply on Sunday.

Thanks,
Stefan
my apologies if this posts multiple times. I accidentally used my
other account initially.
======
Mark S. Harris
Electronics Engineer, Board and Systems Design
MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris