[Sca-cooks] Condiment plate

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:35:50 PST 2012

Please excuse my delay put I an just back from summer holiday and am a
bit behind.
I do not know what you mean about "condiment." When someone asked about
what to put in the condiment plate or tray. An eggplant recipe was
offered and something else. My understanding of condiment is that is
something used to flavor food such as mustard, salt, spices . . .
So if you have 9 dips in the dish I would put any of the following:
licorise, anise, cassia, cinnamon, myrrh, frankincense, saffron, garum,
murri, honey, peppercorns, nutmeg, cloves, cardamon and ginger. . .
On the other hand when visiting Muslim countries, my hosts not only left
flowers in my quarters but trays of dried fruits, which is a very rich
form of hospitality for them. Items included pistachios, almonds, dates,
raisins but they were on a platter not in ceramic dishes with dips.
Suey