[Sca-cooks] spices

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Jan 13 14:15:31 PST 2012

I tend to lean to mustard, horseradish and ginger.   All are appropriate, relatively inexpensive and easily available.

If the person inquiring is a beginning cook, these  may be a good set of gateway spices.

Cailte

Kathleen Roberts
Admissions Advisor
University of New Mexico

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W B Yeats

>>> Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> 1/13/2012 3:00 PM >>>
Search terms for you:  'grains of paradise" "long pepper".  The next
time some chili head whines that medieval food has no bite, make him
chomp down on a long pepper.  That should get his attention.

Selene