[Sca-cooks] Spices

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jan 15 14:12:44 PST 2012

On 1/15/2012 1:37 PM, Elise Fleming wrote:
> Bear wrote:
> >Long pepper is a very small seed (similar in size to poppy seed, black
> >pepper is a relatively large one.
>
> Long pepper is a small seed?  That's not what's being sold as long
> pepper at Pennsic, etc.  It's an oblong thing up to half an inch long.
> Did you mis-say this?
>
> Alys K.

Actually, they are. That long thing is made up of little tiny seeds.
Some of the bigger ones make it easier to see the individual pods. But
when you grind them you should be able to see some of the seeds. They're
smaller than a poppy seed.

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: