[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 69, Issue 21

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 08:45:34 PST 2012

Sounds yummy and easy.
Tableside carving of peaches is so silly, that's why we had it as part of PPFII

Juana Isabella
West

I am going to throw caution to the wind and post this.  Something
short and simple, since the hour is late and I am tired.

Dried Peaches for the Beginning of the Meal

Put them the night before to soak in good white wine and at the time
that they are to be served at the table, take them out and cast ground
sugar on top of them.

>From "Regalo de la vida humana" by Juan Valles, 16th c.
c. 2009 by the Government of Navarre and the Austrian National Library
Translation by Robin Carroll-Mann

Some may remember that a little over a year ago, we were discussing
peach recipes.  The 1423 carving manual "Art de Cortar" has
instructions for carving fresh peaches and dipping the slices in white
wine.  This recipe is not as elegant as table-side carving, but would
work well when peaches are out of season.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain, OL
MKA: Robin Carroll-Mann
rcarrollmann at gmail.com