[Sca-cooks] ground powder sugar
lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:23:23 PST 2012
I am so grateful for your comments about powdered sugar. i never thought
about the difference between cane sugar and beet sugar, metal or stone
blades. I would really appreciate it if you could please comment under
my entry for AZUCAR EN POLVO at Spanish Medieval Cook:
or if you cannot take the time if you would please give me permission to
post your comment.
It is very necessary that we who read my blog learn because we have an
insesent appetite for learning. Anyway the first paragraph of the blog
defines azucar en polvo as:
Ar./tabarzad/, Eng. powdered sugar. It is the highest quality of sugar
elaborated from the stem or trunk of the cane reduced to powder. Today
it is sold as such in markets but can be made at home simply by adding
enough granulated sugar to cover the blades of a food processor and
running the machine on high until the sugar is powered. [ES:
Benavides--Barajas. "Cocina." Sep 29, 01; and Nola 1989:xxx-4]
HOW TO POST COMMENTS:
1. One must be registered and have an account in one of the places
listed under the white space for comments: "select profile": Google
Account, Live Journal, etc.
2. If you do not have an account with on of these, you cannot enter.
The most common method is to open an account with Google using one's
email address (using one already in existence.)
B. POST A COMMENT
1. Once registered open the blog.
2. Comments may be made in two ways:
a. Enter the blog. Go to the blue bar in the upper right hand
1) When requested type your email address and then give your password,
the one you created when you set up your google account.
2) There is a box with a cross. Un-tick the box "Do not close session".
3) Go to the white space at the bottom of the blog, click on it and
enter your comment.
b. If already registered open the page as usual with out clicking on
1) Go to the comment box.
2.Type a comment
c. Click "Post comment."
ATTENTION: It could make you to go to a place where you type your email
- a diagram with distorted letters will appear which you must type
what you see
- after this is done successfully the comment will be sent.
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR MOST VALUABLE COMMENTS!
More information about the Sca-cooks