[Sca-cooks] West Coast Culinary Symposium Updates

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 09:07:01 PST 2012

More updates on the Culinary Symposium:
We will be having a wonderful keynote speaker. Johnnae llyn Lewis will be discussing her work on the Concordance of English Recipes: Thirteenth to Fifteenth Centuries by Constance Hieatt and J. Terry Nutter with Johnna Holloway; a bibliography for Oxford University Press on the topic of Medieval Food and Drink with Professor CB Hieatt, and her work on English cookery books.
We will have a book room where you can prowl through the bibliographic collections of your fellow cooks. I will bring my library on SCA appropriate historical cookbooks and books on food. If you have books you want to bring, please do so. Please mark the books as yours (those address labels that charities are always sending out make easy book plates). The book room will be monitored. No food or drink will be allowed in the book room.
We plan on a display of period serving ware. If you have period serving ware you would like to bring for the display, please do so. If what you have is a reproduction of a period artifact and you have a picture of that artifact, please bring the picture as well. It would be especially good if you can note where your items came from (how you made it, who you bought it from, etc.) so that others can also improve their collections of serving ware and everyone has a better looking table.
Class Pre-Registration is still on-going. The following clases are already full:
  Viking bread in theory and practice
  Intro to Pressed Cheese
  Skyr
I am creating a waiting list for those classes. If you want to be on the waiting list for those please let me know. If you want to sign up for others, please let me know.
I look forward to seeing you at the Culinary Symposium in 18 days :-)
Juana Isabella