[Sca-cooks] Looking for help

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:27:43 PST 2012

I'd start with Fergus Kelly's "Early Irish Farming", which uses (primarily) the Brehon law texts as a source of information on early medieval Irish farms, with a heavy emphasis on their production. It doesn't have recipes, but as a study of E.M. Irish foodstuffs, it's about the most comprehensive I know of, discussing species and appearance of livestock, crops, dairy products (cows were the basis of the early Irish economy, and the range of dairy products they made was *truly* astounding), and if I recall correctly, a bit on typescooking tools and how they were used.

Dan