[Sca-cooks] olive oil too expensive to be used as a cooking oil?

Sayyeda al-Kaslaania samia at idlelion.net
Mon Jan 30 16:46:10 PST 2012

Hello Liutgard,

In the first paragraph I posted of Miller's text he discusses the
comparison of modern and medieval cuisine. If you're interested in
analysis of trade and price in the Mediterranean during the Middle Ages,
I encourage you to read some of S.D. Goitein's work. I have only fished
through about half of two of his volumes, so I'm certain more discussion
of olive oil could be found there.

Sayyeda al-Kaslaania