[Sca-cooks] Need (international) copyright advice

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Mon Jan 16 11:37:18 PST 2012

No. Translating some of the recipes and posing them online or in emails
would fall under "fair use".  If you translated the entire document and
posted it in one lump then you would be on more tenuous ground, but even
then it might be ok if you worked from the facsimile rather than the
provided transcription - if I recall correctly, facsimiles of
out-of-copyright material might not be copyrightable.

Note that I am most certainly *not* a copyright lawyer. YMMV.

- Doc