[Sca-cooks] Spices

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 17 03:17:38 PST 2012

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:12:44 -0800
From: "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Spices

On 1/15/2012 1:37 PM, Elise Fleming wrote:
> Bear wrote:
> >Long pepper is a very small seed (similar in size to poppy seed, black
> >pepper is a relatively large one.
>
> Long pepper is a small seed?  That's not what's being sold as long
> pepper at Pennsic, etc.  It's an oblong thing up to half an inch long.
> Did you mis-say this?
>
> Alys K.

Actually, they are. That long thing is made up of little tiny seeds.
Some of the bigger ones make it easier to see the individual pods. But
when you grind them you should be able to see some of the seeds. They're
smaller than a poppy seed.

Liutgard

--
I was going to say what about the big 'long' things? So if you are grinding
them up should you grind up the whole thing or just the little seeds? Would

Angharad