[Sca-cooks] Looking for help

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jan 26 20:11:04 PST 2012

First problem, Celt refers to a group of related peoples ranging from the
British Ilses to Asia Minor and between 6th Century BCE and 12th Century CE,
as independent peoples.  You need to be more specific.  I will assume you
are thinking British Isles, so Gaelic or Brythonic?

Second problem, there are no cookbooks covering Irish, Scottish, Welsh,
Cornish, or Breton (the primary Gaelic and Brythonic nationalities) in
period.  There are descriptions of feasts and foods in various texts, but
you need to do a lot of digging to find them.

Third problem, when in period?  This matters as later times are likely to
have more foreign influences.

Narrowing the focus of your requirements will help us better answer your
questions.  As for where to start try:
http://www.florilegium.org/?http%3A//www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Celts-msg.html .

Bear