[Sca-cooks] eating cinnamon

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 12:21:26 PST 2012

<<< and tell her of the difference between cinnamon & cassavia (which
is what is sold as cinnamon on US shelves -- other names Chinese
Cinnamon is Cassavia, anyone got the sceintific names?)

Arianwen ferch Arthur >>>

I thought it was cassia, not cassavia.

cinnamon-msg      (28K)  1/10/08  Period cinnamon. Types of cinnamon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/cinnamon-msg.html

Cinnamon-Vari-art  (9K) 12/29/99  "Cinnamon Varieties" by Francesco
Sirene.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/Cinnamon-Vari-art.html

Taking a spoonful of cinnamon directly can be done, although I found
it easier to mix it into something else I was eating or drinking, such
as apple juice or on a cereal. Shortly after the reports started
circulating about cinnamon helping in Type 2 diabetics, they started
producing cinnamon in capsules, which are much easier to take.
Although I'm a type 1 diabetic, I tried cinnamon a while just to see
if it would help. I don't know if it is possible to get type 2
diabetes if you already have type 1, or not, but I figured a bit of
cinnamon probably couldn't hurt.

I had the same question as Bear did about whether the medical tests
were referring to true cinnamon or cassia or both.  Thanks for the
answer, Bear.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com