[Sca-cooks] A Bean is a bean

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:37:17 PST 2012

Well, I was paraphrasing.  Apicius and others have you mashing the beans
for a dish; and one usage says "bean meal" (apicius for clarifying muddy
wine) Apicius in one example says to smoothen them (make into paste?) and
add hard-boiled egg yolks, broth, wine, honey and vinegar, and fry 'em in
oil.

One thing I'm wondering; wouldn't this be more of a dip?

Still, as I was doing beans because I have some, but they're the wrong
kind, I may have to make something else for the SCA potluck.