[Sca-cooks] Al-Andalus griddle tool?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:08:51 PST 2012

I was in Gaza some years ago and was invited with homemade knafe and has
loved it since then. I travelled later to Nablus, where the knafe was
originated, recording the Palestinian's own tales. It was wonderful,
glorious swwet and siropy, in every corner it was a baker making it in big
pans.
Tried to do at home but never succeeded. The secret, say my Palestinian
friends, is the cheese. The local neutral flavored Palestinian fresh cheese.
The muzzarella don't have the flavour, it's only a poor substitute.
Ana

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com>wrote:

> I went back and read the Kuna-fa recipe, and it sounds like it is
> literally shredded filo, rather than the pour-batter-on-a-pan method which
> is "traditional".   (But now usually replaced by a machine).
>
> But the wikipedia picture is still the finished dish, not the way the
> pastry is made.
>
> Here is a video of the modern recipe using purchased Kunafe dough
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=HGWBX9GbXZA<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGWBX9GbXZA>
>

> Ranvaig

http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci