[Sca-cooks] Copper cookware prevents food poisoning

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Mon Jul 16 16:37:00 PDT 2012

Oh, I'm well aware of the problems with copper cookware, as also were the medieval Islamic cooks. al-Warraq discusses the off flavors that copper can impart, and attributes to it some less than salubrious humoural characteristics. He further recommends using it only for a very limited selection of foods, unless it's tinned. Nevertheless, I'd like to try cooking in it just for the experience. And it's my understanding that you get the stuff tinned if you look around a bit.

But I thought the article would be of interest regardless.

-- Galefridus