[Sca-cooks] brown rice

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 9 19:47:55 PDT 2012

<<< I am currently trying to research the usage of brown vs white rice
in
period. The only mention that i have found so far is that white rice
came in in Japan in the 17th C.
(http://ask.metafilter.com/149004/History-of-white-not-wholegrain-rice-in-Japan
)

Does anybody have a source that can shed more light? Gut feelings says
brown rice, but that tends to be unreliable ;)

YIS

Arpad >>>

You might want to check some of our past discussions on this list. See
this file in the FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS section in the Florilegium:
rice-msg (111K) 7/ 3/10 Period rice. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/rice-msg.html

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com